Sunday, November 4, 2007

एक शुरुवात...

So it did happen... Very successful. Nice start I'd say. I had a presentation on Open Source and Code For Freedom on 30th Oct, and the response was overwhelming.. 100+ people in a seminar room and we ran out of seats(!!) people were more than willing to stand in the corners and view. I starting off with an introduction of the Sun Club. The presentation was a long one as I covered entire open source basics, sun technologies were introduced, then Code For Freedom was explained with detailed description on NetBeans and OpenSolaris. It was quite an interactive session cause the students were more open to me than they would have been if I were a teacher. And finally even after nearly two hours when I asked if the audience wanted a small demo on NetBeans plugin, the response was affirmitive. So I showed then the small example taken from the NetBeans.org tutorial. Although till the end a few people had left, but nearly 80-90 people remained till the end. Also there were two faculty members who were there throughout the event. A few pens were distributed at the end of the session along with CFF dvds. It was a little difficult when you have only 8 pens as giveaways for such a large crowd. I guess I did a fair job by giving them to those who were most involved in the presentations. Anyways a good start, and lets see how well my learning curve rises with more such events.

Images of the event can be viewed here.
Presentation can be downloaded here.

And.. thanks to the members of the Sun Club for their help & support during the event.

No comments:

 
Page Views: